Turmeric (The healing spice) is a nutritional powerhouse. Unlike many other supposed ‘superfoods’, Turmeric has been around for thousands of years and it is here to stay. My most favourite way to consume turmeric is in the form of ‘Golden Milk’, a potent anti-inflammatory hot drink with absolutely insane health benefits. These health benefits include:
- Fights Respiratory illness
- Fights cancers
- Super antioxidant
- Aids Digestion and Regulates Metabolism
- Gives you clear skin and reduces wrinkles
- Detoxifies the body
- Blood Purifier and aids better circulation
- An excellent source of calcium
- Will rid you of the common cold and flu symptoms
Always add Black Pepper to your Golden Milk. The reason for this because Black Pepper increases the absorption of Turmeric by as much as 2000%.
Curcumin, the main ingredient in Turmeric, is fat soluble which means in order to be absorbed in to the bloodstream it needs to be dissolved in fat. And what better form of fat to use than the absolute godfather of good fats – Coconut Oil. Make sure to use a good raw extra virgin coconut oil, unfortunately not all coconut oil was created equally.
- 2 Cups of Almond Milk
- 2 Table spoons of Organic Turmeric Powder (Or as much as you can handle)
- A Dash of Cinnamon
- A Tea spoon of local Honey
- A Table spoon of Extra Virgin Coconut oil
- Black Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients apart from the honey in a saucepan and gently heat (But do not boil)
- Pour in to a mug or glass of choice, add in the Honey and drink it all up!