Today I am extremely excited to be able to share one of my favourite recent recipes by the lovely Sue Ellen over at My Real Dish. Not only does she create some of the most beautiful dishes I have seen (that are of course dairy, gluten and egg free) she also makes and cooks with her own health-promoting essential oils. This is her absolutely delicious recipe for Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Pie. I’m sure you will love it! Don’t forget to head over to Sue’s blog for all things health and wellness. Enjoy!
Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Pie (Vegan and Gluten-free)
Tips: Crust can be made homemade with this recipe or if you don’t have time for homemade, check out Mi-Del Cookie Crust. It is available at Wal-mart for $5 and most grocery stores, and it’s allergy-friendly (dairy, gluten, egg, soy, and nut-free) but not sugar-free.
Credit: My Real Dish
Paleo Pie Filling
- 4 large avocados
- 1 cup coconut milk refrigerated overnight (hard cream only)
- ⅛ cup lime juice (juice from ~1 lime)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 15 drops Young Living Peppermint Vitality Oil (you can buy it here)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
The Best Vegan Chocolate Sauce (Optional, not sugar-free)
- Prepare the chocolate pie crust first (or see tips for store-bought allergy-friendly crust).
- Put all of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a Vitamix or high-powered blender, and purée until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put into pie crust, and freeze for 1 hour.
- The result is a minty “nice cream” cake.